Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Fresno Pacific Volleyball

Last night we went to watch the Fresno Pacific Volleyball game. It was a little bittersweet because it was Senior Night...

We started attending FPU volleyball games 3 years ago when Fabiana transferred from Salt Lake Community College (where my sister Shay was coaching at the time) to Fresno. We kind of adopted her into the family. Since then, we've attended as many games as we could and have enjoyed supporting Fabi and her teammates. Over the years, the boys have gotten to know the players pretty well...but for some reason, they have become very attached to the international players, Fabi and Thais are from Brazil, and KeKe and Su are from China.
We've enjoyed following the Sunbirds (or as Will says, "Sunburbs") and the success that the girls have experienced. They are the defending NAIA National Champions, just completed an undefeated season and are on their way to the 2008 National Championships. Our family will all miss the fun and excitement of attending their games...even though Fabi is graduating, we might still try to catch a game or two next season.

Aside from seeing the players, there are OTHER reasons why the boys love going to the games...
• popcorn

• playing on the court after the game

• going to the "restaurant" - the family members and boosters provide dinner after the game

• having Mark or I catch the ball Fabi always threw to us before each game as the players were being introduced (we now have quite the collection of "Fabi" balls, we even have a "Su" ball and a "Thais" ball!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jodie I love it, what u wrote, the slide show, everything, it is awesome, thanks. Do u know something that I like the most in ur blog??? The songs u play, sometimes I just go to the blog and I leave it on for hours just to listen to the songs u have, I love it. Could u burn a CD with those songs for me??? hahaha, that would be great. Love u all. Fabi.