Captain Underpants! (a.k.a. Will)
Who is the most wonderful 2 year old around?!? Will!!! Why? Because he potty trained HIMSELF...YIPPEE!!!! How lucky am I?? He is such a funny boy. We knew he was close to being ready, but had no idea how ready! Pretty much over night, he started using the bathroom on his own (literally on his own, most of the time we don't even know he's used the potty until we hear the flush, then the sound of him running down the hallway, followed by the sight of him jumping into the family room waving his underwear around!).
I had prepared myself for the battles of potty training, including stocking up on lollipops (his choice) and any other bribery I thought might work. But, I never really had to use any of them! He hasn't had ANY accidents (yet...he could maintain his accident free record, but I'm not holding my breath on that one!). As a reward for his being potty trained, he got to pick out his own underwear. He chose the Army underwear. When we got home, he put on a pair and then told me he wanted to go get the "bad guys!".
We were really hoping Will would be potty trained before the baby gets here in a few weeks and are so excited that it actually happened! He still wears a diaper at night, but I'm not complaining!! Maybe if he wouldn't drink the equivalent of his body weight each day he'd be able to make it through the night...
We are so proud of Will and love that he gets himself dressed each the morning (even picks his own clothes, but there is no guarantee that something isn't on backwards or inside out!). In fact, being fully dressed is very important to him, I had to bribe him to take the picture of him in his underwear...he kept telling me, "But, I don't have any pants on!" Gotta love him!

Our very own Captain Underpants vacuuming the floor.




3 comments:
That is totally awesome! Way to go, Will!!! I have to admit that I am more than slightly jealous. Although, I think our battle with Brent is almost over. Can Will speak with Josh about doing it on his own when the time comes? :)
Too cute! Captain Underpants needs to pay us a visit & help train our boys!
Do NOT lets Phil see this. He has been on me to get after Drew and he is NOT ready. I am envious. Perhaps we could put Will on the phone with Drew and he can give him some hints...
Post a Comment