The "before" picture, taken about a month ago.
Our boys have been needing a haircut for a while now. I've been putting it off, but it definitely needed to get done before the baby comes! I found out this morning that Dalia was sick and I would not be babysitting today, so...let the haircuts begin!
I started with Will. The plan was to just give him a trim. Apparently he didn't get the memo! Usually he sits pretty still, but not today. Every time I'd get ready to cut, he'd quickly turn his head. So, I was trying to time things just right. I was more than half way done when what I'd been dreading happened! He turned his head as I was mid-cut, and we were left with a hole in his hair. Ugh!
My options were to try to fix it (and probably get frustrated in the attempt, especially since he was definitely done sitting) or get the buzzers out. I felt bad, I really didn't want to buzz him, but figured it was the best option...and hair grows back!
I finished up with Will, got Gabe done in no time (that is a definite benefit of the buzz cut!), and started the bath. As the tub was filling, I asked Will if he'd seen his new haircut. He said "No", so I told him to go get his stool so he could see himself in the mirror. He found his stool, climbed up, looked in the mirror, sighed, and said, "Mom! You messed up my hair!" I felt bad again...who knew a 2 year old had such an attachment to his hair?
I meant to call Mark and tell (warn) him about our fiasco before he came home for lunch, but forgot. I didn't hear him come home. He came into the room where I was and said, "Who's the kid?" I was confused at first, then he laughed and said, "That must have been Will!" I followed Mark back into the family room where the boys were, while telling him the story. Mark continued laughing, because he really didn't recognize Will...Mark thought one of the boys had a friend over!
The haircut doesn't look bad at all, but it is a drastic change from the shaggy Will we all know and love!
I started with Will. The plan was to just give him a trim. Apparently he didn't get the memo! Usually he sits pretty still, but not today. Every time I'd get ready to cut, he'd quickly turn his head. So, I was trying to time things just right. I was more than half way done when what I'd been dreading happened! He turned his head as I was mid-cut, and we were left with a hole in his hair. Ugh!
My options were to try to fix it (and probably get frustrated in the attempt, especially since he was definitely done sitting) or get the buzzers out. I felt bad, I really didn't want to buzz him, but figured it was the best option...and hair grows back!
I finished up with Will, got Gabe done in no time (that is a definite benefit of the buzz cut!), and started the bath. As the tub was filling, I asked Will if he'd seen his new haircut. He said "No", so I told him to go get his stool so he could see himself in the mirror. He found his stool, climbed up, looked in the mirror, sighed, and said, "Mom! You messed up my hair!" I felt bad again...who knew a 2 year old had such an attachment to his hair?
I meant to call Mark and tell (warn) him about our fiasco before he came home for lunch, but forgot. I didn't hear him come home. He came into the room where I was and said, "Who's the kid?" I was confused at first, then he laughed and said, "That must have been Will!" I followed Mark back into the family room where the boys were, while telling him the story. Mark continued laughing, because he really didn't recognize Will...Mark thought one of the boys had a friend over!
The haircut doesn't look bad at all, but it is a drastic change from the shaggy Will we all know and love!
The "after" picture, taken this afternoon when he was "Super Reader to the rescue!".





7 comments:
I get the same results when I take the boys to get their hair cut. Not because they move, but because the person cutting their hair thinks every boy needs a buzz cut even when I specify exactly how I want it cut. Will looks cute, but I can understand why Mark didn't recognize him. :)
Oh Jodie he is darling. I sure miss you all! When is that sweet new baby going to be here. We are coming in November so we can see him,I can't wait. Give your family our love please.
I can't wait to get Wil in Sunbeams next year! I only with we could have Gabe again also, they're adorable! Rachael
Thanks Jodie, and all! I'll put yours on my friends and family, if it's ok? Be sure to update about baby Piton #3 ASAP! Love, Siri
Can I just say that I absolutely love your family! I can't wait to finally meet your new baby boy and finally know his name.
He looks so handsome with his new haircut, and so much more grown up. I loved the longer hair as well though. He is just such a cutie.
I love how different your two boys are! They both totally crack me up. It will be amazing to see which end of the personality spectrum #3 will take. Can't wait until he gets here!
Post a Comment