Sunday, July 13, 2008

Circus!!!!

Yesterday was Circus Day! A day that we'd all been looking forward to for quite some time (especially Gabe and I)! Several months ago, Gabe started asking to go to the circus...though I'm not sure what got him thinking about it since he's never been to a circus. I looked into it and we decided the boys would probably really enjoy the show. Our friends, the Reyes' and Haubert's, went with us. Between us, we have 6 boys...seriously all of our friends have boys!

Loaded up and excited to get on the road!

When we got there, they had an outdoor area you could go to where the animals were resting between shows. We saw the elephants, tigers, horses, miniature horses, and could hear the dogs. It was pretty hot out (though reasonably cooler than the days previous) as you can tell from the boys in the pictures...sweaty with red faces, so we didn't stay out there too long.

Inside, there was a preshow with a lot of the performers. Will and I went down on the floor to get a better look, Gabe decided he'd rather stay in his seat and watch all the excitement through his binoculars. While we were down there, we joined a large group of people watching Kelly the elephant painting a picture. I put Will on my shoulders so he could get a better look.

Oh my, is Sam not the cutest baby ever?

Some of our favorite acts included...the tigers,

the elephants,

all of the motorcycle acts,


and Gabe's favorite - the interaction between the Ring Master and one of the clowns. We now hear, "Where's my hat?!" quite a bit.
There's no doubt, from the look on Gabe's face, that he loved the show!



Since I'm always the one taking pictures, I'm never actually in them...so, I handed the camera over to Mark. Unfortunately, there was so much going on we couldn't get both boys to look at the camera at the same time. Oh well, we tried!


Okay, I love this picture! Not only is Will intently looking through his binoculars the wrong way, but you've got to love the Incredible Hulk tatoo on the man in front of him!

3 comments:

Karyl said...

Sounds like a ball! We contemplated the circus and then realized that Disneyland is going to break the bank and decided what the boys don't know won't hurt them. :)

Clark, Jolie and Avery said...

Jodie I loved your blog. Gabe and Will are so, so cute! Thanks for sharing.

Jen said...

It was so much fun! I was puzzled by the tatoo...thinking, "WHAT?!?? MARK?!!!?? HUH??!!!?" then I realized it's the guy in front of us! It also help to READ your explanation! Phew!