Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July

Our friends, the Reyes', invited us over to celebrate the 4th of July. They live just a couple blocks from the high school where they set off the "Big" fireworks. We had a great night of friends, food, and fireworks!

Thanks to Jen, Gabe was quite concerned about the "carousel" (I believe the term Jen used was para sailers - hmm, maybe para gliders or skydivers...anyway) that was going to jump out of an airplane and land at the high school. We spent quite a while trying to explain to him what was going to happen...nothing helped! Well, until...

Jen's brother, Trevor, came to the rescue by creating a little sky diving man with a toy soldier, thread, and a paper towel. Gabe finally understood what a "carousel" was. He played with it for a while until it twisted too much and the paper towel tore. Gabe then took it back to Trevor and said, "You didn't make it very good."

I was having a nice conversation with my friend Molly, when this cute little guy came up to us. Just as I was snapping this picture, he yelled, "I gotta go POOP!" You gotta love 2 year olds!

Will came prepared for the bad guys. Mark thought he looked like he was going to start a militia. He kept the gun aimed at the fireworks most of the night...I guess it's best to be prepared!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I don't normally sound so stupid, do I? We had a great time...come every year okay?