What did Mark and the boys do? They went on a church "Fathers and Sons" camp out at the coast. The boys were so excited about the trip! Will spent Friday helping me pack the van and get things ready to go while Gabe was at school. He knew they'd be leaving after Gabe got home, so all day I heard, "Where's daddy? I ready to go get Gabe!"
As soon as they could get away on Friday, they drove to San Simeon. Gabe and Will enjoyed a break from the drive at McDonald's and I think Mark was glad for the entertainment the "Speed Racer" toys brought. They were all happy to reach the campsite and get things set up.
The boys loved playing with the flashlights...well, until Gabe somehow managed to (accidentally) put a hole in his friend Steven's cheek with one. Gabe felt horrible and it was evident that Steven knew it was an accident, he kept telling his dad "Gabe's still my buddy." Luckily, Steven's dad is a doctor!
Helping dad set up the tent (while Will's friend Hunter supervises).
The finished product!
Taking a short cut through the trees.
They both enjoyed climbing trees...
but apparently Will's fearless side took over and he climbed a tree and was above Mark's head (I also heard he climbed to the top of the ladder on our friend's camper).
Saturday morning brought a walk to the beach. The boys had fun playing in the water and sand. And, Gabe brought home a great collection of rocks!
Before heading home, they stopped to see the Elephant Seals...
And there were A LOT of them!
Thanks Mark! The boys loved their trip and I loved the time off!












1 comment:
Okay Jodie I should not have read this post because before I got through all the pictures I was bawling. Okay not crying but bawling.... Our Father's and Son's is next weekend and it is a tradition for Charles to take the boys.Well this time he has manditory training and they can't go. I have 2 very sad kids and a sad mom(meaning I will not be getting a break)!
Post a Comment