Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Happy Easter

The morning started a little too early for Mark and I, but that's one of the joys of parenthood, right? The boys started their morning by scouting out the eggs in the backyard...actually, I think they're looking for the tracks Mark told them he saw back there!

Before they could head outside to look for eggs, they needed to find their buckets (yes, we do buckets - not baskets). That sneaky Easter Bunny hide them pretty well, but the search was successful! Gabe was most excited about his Spiderman socks, Will was excited about everything!

The hunt! The damp grass didn't deter these two! They were just eager to find all of the eggs. Will wasn't too careful about dropping the eggs into his bucket, we continually heard the distinctive sound of (hardboiled) eggs cracking (But hey! It made the job of peeling them for deviled eggs easier!).

Will and his bucket of eggs.


Gabe's crazy "Happy Easter" face!

The day definitely took it's toll on them, but so did the sugar! We put them to bed a little late, maybe 8:30pm, but they were going strong for quite some time. They finally crashed sometime after 10pm. I love the magic of holidays with children, but I'm also always glad when they're over and we can get back to the normal routine!

No comments: