Saturday, March 8, 2008

Utah - Part II (Logan)

(Okay, so I worked really hard on this page...then something happened and even though I saved my work, nothing showed up. Grrrr! So, here is try #2...hopefully I'm as happy with it as I was with the first one!)

So, we made it up to Logan on Friday evening. The boys were very happy to get out of the van and form a rock band with Kiera...

The band practicing for their next "gig" (I love how Will is sitting on the edge of the chair with his feet crossed!).

Saturday was a busy day! It started off as a warm, sunshiny day. We took advantage of the sunshine and played with Aunt Amy's scooter...

Gabe loved zooming around with Uncle Jeff.

Don't you think Mark should get one of these?


After playing with the scooter, we decided to take advantage of the nice weather and head up the canyon to see what kind of animals we could see. We found, deer, elk, and a couple of moose (I say 3 moose, but Jeff tells me the third one I saw was one I'd seen earlier...still 3 moose to me!). Up the canyon is a place called Hardware Ranch, it's the winter home to hundreds of elk. We bought tickets to take a sleigh ride through the herd...but before we could, someone lost the keys to the car...

Mark, Gabe, and Uncle Jeff searching for the keys...after 20+ minutes and some minor dismantling of the car, the keys were found.

The guilty party...Miss Kiera.


Who is that masked, sippy cup man? Oh, it's Will! Just relaxing in the backseat while the chaos continues in the front.


During our ordeal with the keys, it started snowing. So, we wanted to hurry and get our sleigh ride in before it got going too bad. We certainly weren't disappointed! It was amazing to be that close to the elk. We had a guide who gave us the background on the area, ranch, elk, etc. Every once in a while he'd ask if anyone had any questions. Towards the end, Gabe raised his hand and said, "I'm Gabe. I live in Visalia and we don't have snow!" He's usually our shy guy, so we were pretty proud of him for speaking up.

Some of the herd, just hanging out, watching the people go by.

Some of our own herd (Gabe, Kiera, and Uncle Jeff) watching the elk go by!


I'm pretty proud of this picture! He's one handsome bull elk!

Will enjoyed the ride from the comfort of daddy's lap. (You can tell by his eyes that he wasn't feeling all that great.)

By the time we finished with the sleigh ride, it was snowing pretty good. So, we headed back down the canyon to Jeff and Amy's house to play in the freshly fallen snow. Gabe has been talking about all the things he wanted to do in the snow for weeks! We were a little afraid he was going to spend 2 minutes in it and decide snow wasn't really all it was cracked up to be. Boy, were we wrong!!!! After over 2 hours, Mark had to bribe him to come inside. Mark was soaking wet, but didn't mind at all because of how much fun Gabe had. Gabe was completely dry under his snow clothes (no wonder he didn't want to come in!). He loved sledding, shoveling the patio, having snowball fights, building a snowman, snow dog, and snow cave with Mark, Kiera, and Uncle Jeff. He loved it so much that he was trying to convince Mark that we need to move to Logan, "because they have snow!"

Will and I watched from the comfort of the house with Aunt Amy and baby Ellie. Will enjoyed watching them play, but had no interest in going out. That was probably good, considering he wasn't feeling well and was running a fever. Poor guy! Why is it that we can't seem to travel anywhere without one of the boys getting sick?!

Oh well! Check out the slide show of some of the snow fun!



















1 comment:

Jen said...

I especially love the picture of Will behind his snow gear and sippy cup...too cute, and who would have guessed our shy guy Gabe would be the "lead singer"!!! It looks like it was a fun trip, I'm so glad! Oh, Mark looks pretty cool riding the scooter...he should totally get one!