Thursday, December 13, 2007

Christmas Tree Lane



A few days ago I decided we should drive to Fresno and walk down Christmas Tree Lane with the boys. (Christmas Tree Lane is an 85 year old tradition. It's a 2 mile stretch of houses that are decorated for Christmas. They start decorating up to 3 months in advance in order to be ready for the crowds of people that walk and drive down the street.) I knew the boys would love all the lights and music, and thought they would enjoy walking more than driving. The weather was perfect, the lights and music were great (and Gabe even got to experience "snow", really just a machine but I'm not going to be the one to break the news to him!)...I just didn't anticipate it being such a long night! We got there shortly after it opened at six and it was after 10pm by the time we got home. Hmmm, I think next year we'll drive!


Gabe and Will in the stroller. Will was ticked most of the time because we wouldn't let him get out of the stroller. Yes, we are mean parents, we readily acknowledge that fact.


Gabe's favorite...Spiderman Santa!

Gabe and Nana dancing down Christmas Tree Lane.

Gabe's been dreaming of a white Christmas, he doesn't understand why it won't happen (all the Christmas specials have snow, so that must mean that it can't be Christmas unless there is snow!). Someday he'll come to the realization that we do have "White Christmas's" here, it's just called fog!

No comments: