Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!

I love Halloween!  It's a pretty low stress holiday...just dress 'em up and walk around the neighborhood!  The boys always look forward to Halloween and the talk of what to be starts in August. 

Gabe knew from the beginning that he wanted to be a Jedi, so that was pretty easy (especially since a friend loaned us the costume).  Will changed his mind about as often as he changed his underwear!  The list included, pirate, fireman, karate guy, lion, Incredible Hulk, Spiderman, police officer, cowboy...  Luckily, we got a package from the Ohio Pitons a few days before Halloween that had a great fireman costume.  After Halloween last year, I bought a monkey costume for Sam to wear this year.  Unfortunately, I miss calculated how big he'd be...so, our little friend Gavin got to be a Monkey and Sam was the bear I was saving for next year!

The boys had had their costumes on a few times, so I didn't think there would be any problems on Halloween.  I was wrong...


Sam did not want to wear his costume!  It was too big of a task for me, so I let Mark wrestle the bear.  Eventually, Mark won!



After all the wrestling, screaming, and sweating...Sam was happy (it just took showing him himself in the mirror)!




Our first stop was Nana and Grandpa's...



Will showed us his hiding spot, some how he manages to brace himself up inside their pool table.  He's tricked us a few times using this spot (but, now we know!).



We visited a couple more houses before heading back to our neighborhood to do the heavy duty trick or treating (and look Sam was still happy in his bear suit!).




This is what happens when your boys have been dressed up too long, walked too far, and have eaten too much candy...the good guys start fighting and the guy with the lightsaber wins!



And in the spirit of Halloween, here is Gabe's kindergarten class in their spider hats.
(Gabe is in the front row, second from the left.)

No comments: