Friday, July 10, 2009

Nana's Birthday

Nana's birthday is always a big hit...the kids get to play at Nana's house, eat cake and ice cream, and fireworks!

In the morning, Gabe and Will painted birdhouses for her...


Will with his masterpiece.


Gabe being very careful about his color choices.
In the evening, we went to Nana's house to celebrate...

Will helped Grandpa with some chores (so we could get the party started quicker!),


but they got a little side-tracked.
When the party finally got started, there was a lot of fun!

There was brotherly bonding in the wagon...


A little cowboy practice...


A little relaxation...


A Jedi fight (by the way, sadly this is the only picture I have of Nana on her birthday!)...



Some Jedi training...


And a couple of freaky pictures with the glow sticks...
(this is Will)


(and here is Gabe)
While I was recouperating from my Kidney Stone fun, I made my mom a quilt. I bought the kit several (like, 10?) years ago with the intent to make it for her...I hope it was worth waiting for!!
A patriotic quilt for my firecracker mom!

5 comments:

Cyndy and George said...

I love the quilt! My birthday is coming up soon... do you think you can get another one of those kits????? :)

Heidi Best said...

My birthday is the same day as your mom's... you could remember that for gift buying next year! :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry girls it's a one of a kind.
And I love it. Love in every stitch. Thanks Jodie
Love, MOM

VGRobison said...

The quilt is great Jodie. I Love it. It was really good to spend time with you and the boys at the beach it was loads of fun. Give all hugs for me.

VGRobison said...

The quilt is great Jodie. I Love it. It was really good to spend time with you and the boys at the beach it was loads of fun. Give all hugs for me.