Thursday, June 11, 2009

Last Days

Recently we've experienced a couple of "Last Day"s.

First, Gabe had his last day of preschool. To celebrate the end of his preschool "career", his class had a great party at a park...including lunch and a bounce house (what more do future kindergartener's ask for??). Everyone had a great time and was tired and sweaty by the end of it! PreK was a great experience this year and Gabe has grown so much! We loved the teachers and the other students.
Sam was mostly content to sit back, watch, and eat.
Dalia drank a lot of juice in between bounce house jumping.



Will continually ran the path between the bounce house and the chips, with a few stops at the cooler.
And Gabe enjoyed hanging out with his buddies.
Will, Gabe, Holden, and Aiden

The teachers put together a little book about the school year. While some of the pages didn't scan very well, I did make a slideshow of the highlights...




And how much has Gabe changed since the beginning of the year? Well, here is a sample...
(The beginning of the year is in italic and the end of the year is in bold.)

I am 44 1/2 (46 1/2) inches tall.

I weigh 40 (49) pounds.

When I grow up, I want to be a tiger (Police Officer).

And secondly, we had our last day of babysitting Miss. Dalia.
We've been watching Dalia since she was 3 months old and had really adopted her into our family. We jokingly called her our "part-time sister." We are sad to see her sweet family move down south, but we know good things are in store for them and wish them the best! Thank you Dalia for making me "Auntie Lootie!"

2 comments:

Dancing Twinkies said...

Love the new look, Jodie! Man, you've had a big spring. Boys are darling! Wondering how Sam had his first cookie with NO TEETH! I'm sure he overcame that obstacle! Love to you and all your boys, Mark, too!

Megan B ♥ said...

I wanted to be a tiger too.... ok, not really, but it sounds better than a hooker. That's what I really wanted to be. I din't know what they DID, of course, just that they got to dress like Madonna and all the men liked them. Yeah, I know, sad huh?