This morning, Gabe wakes me up with "Mommy, there's lots of presents under the tree!" Just as I'm about to explain how hard I worked last night Will walks in with a book I wrapped for Grandpa.
Will: "Mommy, look at my new Christmas book!"
Ugh! I turn and look at Gabe.
Me: "Did you guys unwrap any other presents this morning?"
Gabe: Eyes wide..."Um, mommy, I think you should stay in bed and go back to sleep."
Yeah, right! As I start to get out of bed to investigate what I envision to be a mass of unwrapped gifts under the tree,
Gabe and Will in unison: "We're sorry! We're really very sorry!"
Will: "But, we LOVE Christmas!
As I head to the living room, I'm trying hard not to laugh (Mark says it's my fault, I should have waited until this morning to put the presents under the tree...but, I figured that since there were already some presents and the boys hadn't touched them that they would know not to touch these too. Wrong!). Luckily, I find that they've only opened two presents...Gabe found one with his name on it to open and Will apparently just picked one at random (or was told which one to open by his older brother...) that happened to be for Grandpa.
Considering I had visions of piles of shredded paper strewn all over the family room, I was quite happy to see that this was all the "damage".
Later, when I asked Gabe why they opened presents about he said, "We thought you were wrong and it really was Christmas! And oh, I need to show you something..." He comes back with the Wii game he unwrapped...
Gabe: "Mom, you really shouldn't have got this we already have this movie."
He examines the package a little closer.
Gabe: "Oh, it's not a movie, it's a game."
Me: "Why do you think that?"
Gabe: "Because, see these letters?" (Pointing to "Wii" in the corner) "They bough, that means it's for a Wii. I know that."
Me: "But, we don't have a Wii."
Gabe: "Hmm, I really want a Wii for Christmas. Did I put that on my letter to Santa?"
Me: "I think so..."
Gabe: "Good."
Nothing beats a little Christmas spoiler!
My very own Christmas elves...



No comments:
Post a Comment