Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Bootyfull Baby

Will is always telling me how "bootyfull" our baby is, so I thought it was an appropriate title for this post.


Here is Sam the morning after he was born...
And here are some pictures that I had taken today...





Sam is 3 weeks old today and as Gabe says, "is growing and growing every day." Last week we took him to the pediatrician and she was very happy with how he is doing. He had grown a little over an inch and was 21 3/4 long, and has now passed his birth weight. One discovery we did make was that he has a broken left clavicle. I'm not surprised based on his birth size and how quick he came. We go back to the doctor in 2 weeks to make sure that is healing properly.

Fluke? Last Tuesday night, I laid him on his tummy so I could switch the laundry from the washer to the dryer. When I walked back in the room, he was on his back! He had rolled over! I tried to get him to do it again, but was unsuccessful (and he hasn't done it since). Gabe and Will were both early rollers (started rolling at 6 weeks), but two weeks seemed really early. So, I'll chalk that roll up to being a fluke!

8 comments:

Karyl said...

I love the pictures! They are so sweet. Broken clavicle? Yikes...hope he heals "bootyfully."

Rhonda said...

It doesn't surprise me at all that the bootyfully baby aka: Sam would be rolling over so soon. Look at how smart his big brothers are! What a bootyfull family. Love ya guys.....

Patricia Peterson said...

These are very sweet pictures. One of the ones I like below are the big boys laying on pillows looking at Sam and talking to him. That is such a sweet shot. Thanks for sharing!

Cyndy and George said...

awwww so sweet! Your boys are definitely bootyful! and I LOVE the onsie ;)

Shannon P. said...

Okay is there any pictures of your boys that is not good? You and Mark have gorgous boys I guess I better get going on having more girls right?

The Ball Family said...

He is a very bootyfull baby!! I love the picture with all 3 boys!

Becky said...

AWWWW so cute

Brown Family said...

What handsome boys you have! I love all the pictures too. Hope you are adjusting well to 3. I LOVED the adjustment to 3 boys. Boys rule...