Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Samuel Evan Piton

He's Here! Samuel Evan Piton (Sam) made his way into the world on August 12, 2008 at 7:15pm. He is 20 1/2 inches long and 10 1/2 pounds.


Sam, just a couple of minutes old.


Gabe and Will meeting their new brother.


Mom and her boys.


Our little "Buddha", who doesn't love a newborn with a double chin?

If interested,here is a quick recap of events...
I was supposed to be induced on the 8th, but at my appointment on the 7th my midwife said he wasn't in a favorable position for induction. So, I set an appointment for the 11th in hopes that she might be able to induce me on the 12th. (Just a side note, there were so many babies being born the 8th - 10th that all non-medically necessary inductions and c-sections were cancelled. So, she wouldn't have been able to induce me on the 8th anyway.) Things looked good on Monday, so we made an appointment for an induction on the 12th.

We arrived at the hospital at 7am, induction was started at 8am. My midwife wasn't able to make it back to break my water until 5:30pm. She broke my water at 5:45pm and said she'd be a phone call away, call her as soon as needed. Within a couple of minutes of my water being broken, the contractions picked up in intensity. By around 6:30pm, they were coming fast and hard, I told Mark to call my nurse. We waited for what seemed like eternity! I told Mark to look for her because I was starting to feel a lot of pressure. When she arrived, she could tell we needed to call my midwife immediately and she also went to get the pain medication I'd asked for. By the time she got back, it was too late for the meds (it was probably too late when I asked) and she was just trying to get me to hold off until my midwife showed up. She did assure me that if needed, she could deliver the baby. My midwife came running in at about 7:10pm (or later) and needed a couple of minutes to get ready. At 7:14, I was given the okay to start pushing, and he practically jumped out! He was delivered in a minute or less.

We are thrilled to have him finally here! Sam and I are both doing well. Now the fun begins...trying to figure out how to balance three kids!

24 comments:

crosbiefamily said...

He is a Buddha but the name Samuel fits. I have been checking your blog all morning to see when you would post a picture. Now I want to be the first one to post a comment. Congrats! Hopefully he won't pass Ellie up in the weight department too fast. She needs an upper hand on her cousin as long as she can get because soon enough he will be bigger than her. Love you and again patience with the new battle of three. I am sure your boys will be lot of help.

Shannon P. said...

I could not even hardly look at the pictures of the you and the kids. I got all teary eyed .Seeing that precious baby makes me want to jump in the van and drive 90 to get their and hold him and give you a BIG hug. Jodie what darling little boys you and Mark have.I miss you

Cyndy and George said...

He is absolutely adorable! I LOVE the double chin! All three of your boys are so unique and special! Congratulations to your family. I am just a phone call away if you need anything!

Cyndy and George said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rhonda said...

Congrats to your family... He is soooooo cute. He will need the extra weight to keep up with the boys. It seems like Gabe was just that small and now look at your little family - so perfect. Jodi, please call me if you need anything. I love you guys!

Clark, Jolie and Avery said...

Samuel is adorable!! Congratulations! I'm glad you are doing well. Can't wait to see that cute baby in person.

Unknown said...

Yayyy!! Congratulations!!!!

Rachel said...

Yea! So cute!

Amber, Dan, and Fam said...

Congratulations you guys! He is a handsome boy! Glad mom and baby are both doing well. ((HUGS))

Karyl said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for you guys. Remember, if you need anything, I am here. Here's to a sleepy baby. :)

Laura said...

Congrats he is adorable!

Steve, Meghan, Elena, Sebastian, Ariana said...

Congratulations!!! What a great looking kid! It doesn't seem like it was that long ago when I visited you guys when Gabe was one, but it does seem like a long time since Salesnet with Mike Glauser.

Dancing Twinkies said...

Finally! Pictures! He's darling and I love his name! All of your boys have such "honorable" names. Congratulations on the juggle of 3 active boys...they'll be Momma's boys for sure! Love, Siri and Family

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to everyone! Glad to see and hear everyone is doing well. As far as double chins go, we in Oshkosh enjoy them so much, that we all have decided to keep ours! :)

Fiagle Family said...

He is so cute. Your 3 boys will have to get together with our 3 girls! haha. I found you on Beckys blog hope thats ok. But its fun to see what you guys are up to its been forever!! Your boys are too cute and my girls are soo wishing they were riding horses too! Dont worry 3 isnt as bad as everyone says....most days! Keep in touch

Loren said...

Congrats from the Sly's!! What a beautiful family you have! Glad Samuel is her safe and you are all doing well!!! Balancing three IS the challenge for us right now but we are figuring things out!! YOu will do great no doubt.

The Ball Family said...

10 1/2 pounds!?! You go girl!! Congratulations! He is georgeous!

Phil, Kellie and Drew said...

Holy full-sized child! Jodie, you are a rock star! He is so cute - we can't wait to meet him and Drew will love having another Piton to play with.

Clark, Jolie and Avery said...

I have been showing Dalia pictures of your new baby. She LOVES looking at your blog! Now she always points to the computer and says, "Baby".

Karyl said...

Jodie, I have finally figured out how to get people to post comments on a blog...have a baby! :) LOL Hope you guys are all doing well and adjusting nicely to the little (or should I say, big) addition to the family.

Patricia Peterson said...

Jodie: What a wonderful looking bunch of boys you have. I'm excited for your new addition! Can't wait to see him in person.

Brown Family said...

Jodie,

Congrats! Boys are so fun! I have LOVED having 3 boys in a row. He will be a true joy and blessing to you and your family. Best to you and your darling family. We love you all! Nicole and family.

crosbiefamily said...

NEW PICTURES please!!! I have been so patient. But I want to see more of my nephews, especially Samuel! I know, I know you are busy listening to a Gabe story, while you are trying to catch Will all while you are trying to change Samuel's diaper...excuses, excuses, excuses. Just teasing ya, I love you!

Chris said...

Congrats from Afghanistan! Susan & I love following the adventures of the growing Piton clan.