Every spring, my Grandma Bea, Great Uncle Dean and Great Aunt Marilyn come to visit for a few days. The boys absolutely love all three of these amazing people and Gabe was more than excited to get to bake bread with Uncle Dean. My mom came and picked Gabe up this morning and he was able to spend the day baking bread and enjoying the company of all of our visitors. He absolutely loves to help out in the kitchen, so being Uncle Dean's assistant made his day. The end result was lots of yummy bread, including two little loaves that Gabe made for himself and Will. He was so proud of his bread that he took one of the little loaves for show-and-tell the next day!
Learning from the "Master"
Okay, so how long do I have to wait before I can eat it?
Uncle Dean is known in our family for being a big tease...the other day, he told Gabe to be careful not to press his belly button because his legs will fall off. Gabe laughed and I thought he realized Uncle Dean was only joking, until we were driving home that night. On the way home, Gabe asked (in a rather worried tone), "Why will my legs fall off if I press my belly button?"
Gabe loves making this crazy face, he prides himself on making his eyes as big as possible
Not to leave Will out...we often ask the boys, "Who loves ____?" and they answer "I do! I do!" This afternoon on the way over to my mom's, I was doing this and had run through several family members and friends. Will was apparently done playing this game because he interrupted me and said, "Mommy, I just love all the people." I replied with "Will, you're such a sweetie!" His response was, "I not a sweetie, silly mommy! I just a Will!"



No comments:
Post a Comment