Monday, November 23, 2009

Learning to Ski

So, I'm not sure if we're lucky or pathetic...I'll go with lucky!  The local Parks and Rec Department hosted a learn to ski day at a park here in town.  I wasn't sure what to expect, but I had no idea the kids would actually get to "ski".  They set up some artificial grass type of stuff, sprayed silicon on the bottom of the skis and away they went!

Neither of them fell, and when I told them it was time to go Gabe begged to ski a few more times.  I think it was a successful learning experience!  And, we left with free passes good for one day equipment rental and ski pass, and a lesson for each of the boys.  Not a bad deal!  Now, we just have to get up the mountain!


They've got their skis...but, where's the snow?



Will's all set...



and there he goes!



I'm not sure Gabe could see with his hat down so low, but he loved "skiing" and got the hang of it pretty quick.





This picture makes Will look like he actually did go to the snow!



These two sure did have a great time!  They're ready to try the real thing!

No comments: