The night before his birthday, we took the boys to Adventure Park for some miniture golf and go-karts. We all had fun and are eager to go back. Unfortunately, my camera battery died after one shot. So, here is the only proof...
The morning of his birthday started off pretty normal, until there was a knock at the door! We opened up the door and found Nana on our porch! She came to deliver a present and take Gabe to school. What a great way to start his birthday!
Nana and the birthday boy!
During recess, Sam, Will and I delivered cookies to Gabe's class. He requested footballs (much easier than pirates!). They were a big hit, I even had a couple of his classmates ask for the recipe!

The cookies I made for Gabe's class. The ones I took to his class had a "6" on them.
See, every once in a while I manage to get IN a picture!
While Gabe was at school, Will helped me decorate the house. He really wanted to blow up a balloon, but didn't have too much success.
After school, Nana picked Gabe up for a lunch date with Grandpa and a shopping trip. They came back with Xtractaurs. Gabe had been talking about them for months, but I had no idea what he was talking about! He kept telling me about the toy that you could extract dinosaur DNA and make new dinosaurs with...well, now he has it! And Will was kind enough to model Gabe's birthday hat and new toys.
A few years ago, Mark started making ice cream cakes for everyone's birthdays. Now, it's more of a joint effort between the two of us. Gabe chose chocolate cake with cookie dough ice cream and a Star Wars theme. And while I don't think it's the best looking cake, I am pretty proud of the lightsabers!











1 comment:
Okay, so I'm confused. Did this post just get posted about Gabe's birthday? How come it says Nov 17th? Looks like a fun birthday regardless of the month! I would think it is Dec since Will and your bday was Nov...
I'll send you an e-mail
Post a Comment