16 years ago today, I was in Washington, D.C. attending the Inaugaration of President Clinton as part of the Presidential Youth Inaugural Conference. Honestly, I can't remember exactly how it came to be that I was chosen to go...but, I'm thankful I had the opportunity. How often do you get to skip two weeks of school and not have to do any make up work (well, aside from the report I had to do for Civics on my experience)?I can't find my photo album from my trip, but I did manage to find a few random pictures, etc.


Rev. Jesse Jackson spoke to us...

I hung out with George and Barbara...
Some of the people in my group...
Hopefully 16 years from now, I'll be able to answer that question...watching the Inauguration of President Obama with my kids (yes, they actually watched the whole thing).



9 comments:
That is so cool, Jodie!! What an awesome memory to have!! I would love to go to a presidential inauguration. Luckyyyyy....
That is very cool! I am jealous! But, I have to say that I forgot how awesome you looked in the mid 90's! The hair and glasses are great!
What a great opportyunity for you to experience that! It was exciting to watch the inauguration yesterday. As to answer your question of where I was 16 years ago.... I was a new convert to the church. Thanks for the question because it made me think about that wonderful experience again and how blessed my life has been since.
Mrs. Piton --
Do you have any pictures of Al Gore? Mark told me that Gore is his hero because he will save us all from Global Warming.
Thanks! -
Environmentally Conscious Liberal
WOW! 16 years seems like such a long time ago. I have to agree with Heidi... I LOVED your hair back then!!! soooooo cute. I remember you in those days... you were one smart cookie. I would have bet money that you would have grown up and become president yourself. Oh well, you have a much more important job... running Piton Boot Camp!!!!
I was thinking of you this week, Jodie, because I remember you went to Clinton's inauguration...and I don't know why you got to got either! I just remember, all of a sudden that you were going, and that seemed a world away from our lives in Visalia! So cool you had that experience!!
Let's see...on that date I was a senior in high school. I hadn't turned 18 yet, so I couldn't vote that year. What a great experience for you! Thanks for sharing.
I think I remember you in those glasses! ;~) What a great experience! Thanks for sharing cause I didn't remember that you got to do that.
Jodie...way cool, along with your glasses!
Post a Comment