Gabe asked Aunt Shay to bring snow from Utah. She promised to bring him some. At that moment I'm pretty sure his head started filling with visions of Visalia being blanketed in the snow Aunt Shay promised to bring. On the day she arrived, we drove to my parents house to see her and Grandma Bea. As soon as we pulled into the driveway, Gabe was dismayed to see that Nana and Grandpa's property wasn't covered in snow (again, I'm pretty sure he had visions of the horses frolicking in the snow). Aunt Shay did the best she could by filling a jar with snow, but as I'm sure you can predict...it had lost it's snow like qualities by the time it reached Visalia.

A couple of days later, Aunt Shay and Grandpa went skiing and promised to bring back some snow (again the grand visions of snow returned). Gabe was at Nana's house when they returned with SNOWBALLS!
Mark and I came later to pick him up and he was so excited he could hardly stand it! He quickly ushered us to the freezer and told us we had to knock to see if Frosty was home. I followed his directions and knocked on the door, this is what I found...
Here he is telling us all about Frosty (he has a carrot nose, raisin buttons, and Grandpa's roping glove for a hat - I hope Grandpa doesn't need his glove anytime soon!) and how he lives in Nana's freezer. And there is a rule, you have to knock to see if he's home before you open the door.
And here he is right after Frosty was completed...
Thanks Aunt Shay and Grandpa...you made Gabe's Christmas!



3 comments:
I love it! This blog is fantastic. Jodie you are a terrific writer! Tell Gabe thanks for making my Christmas so special! I loved making the snowman and the elf costumes with him!
That is AWESOME! I was envisioning Shay packing her Utah snow in dry ice trying to get it to Gabe...
I LOVE the snowman!
I do enjoy the warm weather pictures... Christine gave us the blog address and my dad loves keeping up with you guys. He e-mailed me this morning asking if I've checked your blog lately, now I see why! Congratulations on another cute little Piton! Cousin Karen
Post a Comment