Monday, November 12, 2007

HALLOWEEN!!


Trick-Or-Treating Fun!

Gabe, the friendly bat!

Will, the ferocious lion!

Ready or not, here they come!

Halloween was an adventure, though I guess it usually is. After much deliberation, Gabe decided to be a bat. I couldn't find a bat costume, so we made it. Actually it was probably the easiest costume to make, so I'm glad that's what he chose! An umbrella, black sweatsuit...and voila! a bat! Will was a little more difficult. He was supposed to be a bear, but the bear didn't fit. It was a one piece, size 3T...he could get in it, but he looked like we'd stuffed him into it (and I think the seams would have busted if he so much as sneezed). So, the bear suit was out. Gabe's lion costume from last year fit, but he didn't want to be a bear. Every time I'd put it on him he'd declare, "I not a roar! I a ruff!" He didn't want to be a bear, he wanted to be a dog. I being the tightwad that I am didn't want to buy (or make) him a dog costume when we had a perfectly good lion costume. It took a month, but we finally convinced him that being a lion would be fun. I find it quite unfortunate that we live where we do at Halloween time, because it's usually so warm. My point being that the little lion was a very sweaty lion. The poor kid sweats a lot without the help of a lion costume...so, we opted to have him wear jeans instead of the bottom half of the costume. The boys loved Trick-or-Treating, but after a block or two, Will decided he was done. So, he spent the rest of the time on my shoulders (why wasn't I smart enough to take a stroller or make Mark take them?). Gabe was quite excited to go to all the houses. He'd ring the doorbell and when they'd answer he'd strike a "bat" pose and say, "Trick-or-Treat! I'm a bat! Joey, you know him, he's spiderman!" They'd usually look around for Spiderman, but all they'd see was a tired sweaty lion sitting atop a tired sweaty mom. (Joey, in case you're wondering, is his friend from preschool.)

No comments: